11.2.14

Quotes from Tha Little Prince

"It’s so mysterious, the land of tears."

"I need to put up with two or three caterpillars if I want to get to know the butterflies."

"If I were to command a general to turn into a seagull, and the general did not obey, that would not be the general’s fault. It would be mine."

"One must command from each what each can perform."

"It is much harder to judge yourself than to judge others. If you succeed in judging yourself, it’s because you are truly a wise man."

"To vain men, other people are admirers."

"Vain men never hear anything but praise."

"But what is there about my admiration that interests you so much?"



"Drinking…

To forget

To forget that I’m ashamed

Of drinking!”

"Little golden things that make lazy people daydream." [stars]

"You’re not useful to the stars." [about a business man who owned the stars]

"That man would be despised by all the others…….Yet he’s the only one who doesn’t strike me as ridiculous. Perhaps it’s because he’s thinking of something besides himself."

[Ephemeral] “Threatened by imminent disappearance.”



"I wonder,"

"if the stars are lit up so that each one of us can find his own."



"I’m having difficulties with a flower."

"It’s also lonely with people."

"Anyone I touch, I send back to the land from which they came."



"But why do you always speak in riddles?"

-“I solve them all.”



"She’d really let herself die in order to humiliate me."



"What does tamed mean?"

-“To create ties.”

"But if you tame me, we’ll need each other."

-“There’s a flower… I think she’s tamed me…”



"The only things you learn are the things you tame."

"Language is the source of misunderstandings."



"What it costs to be happy!"

"I’ll never know when I should prepare my heart…"



"It’s the time you spent on your rose that makes your rose so important."

"No one is ever satisfied where he is."



"Only the children know what they’re looking for."

"They’re lucky."



"It’s good to have had a friend, even if you’re going to die."


"I noticed them in a dream."

"Words danced in my memory."


"The stars are beautiful because of a flower you don’t see…"

"Something sings in that silence…"

"What makes them beautiful is invisible!"

"It was born of our walk beneath the stars, the song of the pulley, of the effort of my arms…like a present."

"You risk tears if you let yourself be tamed."

"Your poison is good? You’re sure it won’t make me suffer long?"

"Instead of stars, a lot of tiny bells that know how to laugh."

No comments:

Post a Comment